- person: employment?
- me: full time spoonie
Memes For and By The Chronically Ill
having a chronic illness is like being the princess from the princess and the pea. no matter what you do—what position you’re in, what meds you take, what stretches you do, what blankets and pillows you use, what creams or lotions you slather on, where you put your heating pad—no matter what, something always hurts.
Prof. Mark Loveless, Head of the AIDS and ME/CFS Clinic at Oregon Health Sciences University (Congressional Briefing 1995)
That’s just… urgh fuck
10 Things NOT to Say with Someone with a Chronic Illness:
1. You have what? I’ve never heard of it.
2. You need to exercise more.
3. Aren’t you feeling better yet?
4. Maybe an anti-depressant would help.
5. ”But you look just fine.” or “You don’t look sick.”
6. You are taking too much medicine.
7. You need to change your diet.
8. It’s all in your head.
9. Losing weight might help.
10. If you just had a more positive attitude…
When your doctor tells you all the possible side effects you may experience on a new medication and you’re just like…